Friday, March 22, 2013

Ladies and Gentlemen...or not?

I have been thinking about a great blog post topic and I have come up with one.
Over the last semester I have started back up at going to a community college.
There are a lot of people that treat other people terrible.
You would think that people could be ladies and gentlemen.
I was wanting to address this topic.

Have you met someone that goes through a door and lets it slam in your face while you are carrying something heavy? You drop that heavy thing or hurt yourself trying not to get whacked by the door.
Other people will flat out act horrific without any qualms.
For example, when someone is sitting next to me in a college class and they cuss like a drunk sailor.
I do not by any means think that your speech and the way you talk when you cuss sounds good at all!
I mean, what is the point?

Ladies, when you cuss and act worse than the guys do, its very hard to treat you guys with any decency.
I am pretty good about letting a lot of stuff go, but its hard to be around people when they are terrible to be around. Guys, when you tell bad jokes, treat women with disrespect, and have no regard for life, I can not respect you!

I am being VERY honest with you guys right now.
I think it disgraceful that I find so many people that are the characteristics that I've mentioned above and so much worse. I mean, how old are you guys?
If you answered, "I'm 20 years old," or, "I'm 25 years old," or maybe something younger, then I would say, "ACT LIKE IT!"

I am speaking to the adults here.
If you are an adult, then act like it!
Act like it doesn't mean going out to drink, do drugs, cuss, and do everything under the sun.
It means to act like a respectable, civil human being.

Ladies, have lady-like qualities that are lovely and right!
I challenge the ladies to act like a respectable, civil, and right lady-like human being.
Be someone that people are going to want to be around, be likable.
Be a lady, not a man!

Men, I strongly urge you guys to act like men!
That means, giving respect to women, being a gentleman, being nice to be around, and being someone that people can respect and recommend.
Get rid of those friends and people in your life that are bad influences and MAN UP!

I know I have stepped on people's toes, but I felt that this subject needed to be addressed.

Carpe Diem, Seize the Day


No comments:

Post a Comment