Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Failure is a Good Thing?


There are a lot of things in life that we don't understand.
Here are some examples.
"Why do bad things happen?" 
"Why can't I do anything right?"  
"Why did I have to fail?"
"Why did my loved one have to die?"
There are many, many more.
Did any of these apply to you?

Today I wanted to talk about failure being a good thing.
A lot of people are hurting in our world and a lot of people fail.
I am here to tell you that you will grow the most in your life when you fail!
This is the opposite of what most people will tell you.
Why am I telling you this?
I'm telling you this because you can use those failures to learn from them and empower yourself for daily living. With failure comes great pressure to be better than you were before you failed.

Keep a journal and write down your failures.
Next time it comes to the task that you failed at last time, look back to that journal entry and learn from the failure. Being in school for longer than you would like may be annoying right now, but later it can be useful for having a better understanding of certain subjects.
When you fail, fail forward.

I'm going to tell you a little story:
Think about a running back in football.
This running back only needs one more yard to get the game winning touchdown.
The quarterback snaps the ball and hands it off to the running back.
The running back takes the ball and is met at the line of scrimmage by defenders.
He falls or (fails) forward and gets the touchdown.
In the same way, we fail forward and gain experience in a certain area of our lives and we are stronger for it.

I would suggest that you keep a journal for your failures like I mentioned earlier.
Also, I would suggest that you keep going forward, never give up!
Be inspired that you are not alone, you can fail to SUCCEED!

"A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable but more useful than a life spent in doing nothing." ~George Bernard Shaw

Carpe Diem, Seize the Day

No comments:

Post a Comment